Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Selfish Day dedicated entirely to stitching

Finally, a day off and I am going to use it to indulge myself. I'll do a bare minimum of laundry, cleaning, shopping and cooking today. Otherwise, it's all about stitching. This morning, I finished stitching the blackwork Japanese Lady from the Rainbow Gallery freebie chart of three ladies [Victorian, Japanese, Mermaid] onto the bottom of a bookmark ... I'll use it in my reveal card for the third round of the Secret Sister 2008 exchanges. Today's project: frogging back to my error on Raise the Roof's Crabby All Year. Okay, so it's not a particularly glamourous or even interesting task but it is necessary. It took two tedious hours to gently pull all of the stitches out of the 40ct Silkweaver overdye I am using for the project but it was a real pleasure to start stitching on this project again. Naturally, I dug out my magnifier clip-ons so I wouldn't have to frog so extensively again in the near future. The good news is that I managed to stitch farther than I had to frog in the first place, finishing up all of the black stitches in the April block. June has been a good month so far as meeting my goals: the Pair Tree is done, 4 ornaments have been sewn up and embellished and now I am back on track with Crabby All Year. I hope to finish the April block by Sunday and then get the May and June blocks finished by next weekend. Then I'll be able to concentrate on my Mystic Pocket and the remaining sewing finishes when I go on vacation June 23.

No comments: