I am someone for whom spatial intelligence is not a strength. So, flipping a design is always a time consuming and carefully counted chore, especially since I can't be bothered to chart it on paper but work directly on the linen. It took nearly twice as long to stitch the second squirrel as it did the first. Mainly because I made a mistake in the second row which I did not discover till I started back-stitching. Naturally, I had to frog and re-stitch the whole thing. After that, it was simply a matter of charting my initials and the year, centering each beneath a squirrel, and voila, a finish! I am including photos of the whole piece and then some detail shots. I have a few choices when it comes to what I'll pick up tomorrow. I could take up Tracery Dragons or The Sturbridge Box again, or I could finally pull Workbasket's Quaker Sampler out and work another motif, or I could start one of my September goal projects, Primitive Needle's Black'd Skie or Aury's 2011 Quaker Heart ornament. An embarrassment of riches! Whatever my mood, there'll be something to suit. And it doesn't hurt that I have had more stitching time than planned lately. I went into the office Monday to discover that I had no power. I stayed till noon doing the very few things I could without a computer, a phone, a shredder, a TV, lights, etc. Then I gave up and went home. Orange & Rockland Power was predicting 10 - 14 days before power was restored. However, power was restored in just a day and a half. So, it seems that O&R's predictions are like Scotty's on the original Star Trek: "I canna do it, Captain" and then, of course, miracle worker that he is, he does.
I know it is Wentzler Wednesday but I was so excited about finishing this up early this morning that I had to post. I will stitch faithfully on Tracery Dragons for the rest of the day and post progress photos tomorrow morning.