Friday, September 26, 2008
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Monday, September 22, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
Fifth, is Elizabeth's Needlework Designs' Spooky Tree, also from the JCS Halloween issue. I am not sure I like the raffia trim. I'll have to live with it a while to see. In any case, it can always be changed out to orange braid.
For my sixth photo, yet another JCS Halloween Ornament issue chart: Homespun Elegance's Boo Pumpkin. I really like this one but then I do tend to like Homespun Elegance charts quite a bit.
And a seventh photo, my last JCS Halloween ornament finish thus far: Prairie Schooler's Night Owl which I believe is my favorite.
I am rather pleased with this month's progress towards my goals. I hope the second half of the month will be as productive as the first.
Friday, September 5, 2008
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Focus on three major projects
- Mystic Stitcher's Hideaway Projects
- Teresa Wentzler's Autumn Faerie [Christmas gift for Angela]
- Teresa Wentzler's Woodland Angel Stocking [Christmas gift for Liam]
Also in the rotation:
- Tea towels with herbal designs
- Miribilia Halloween Faerie
- 5 Halloween ornaments for my own decor
- Liz Turner Diehl's German Garden
- One more Celtic Tarot card for Angela
- M-Design Name Tree ornaments for Sean & Christina
Sewing finishes: finish at least two items from the backlog basket
Planning: sketch out a neighborhood for the Me, Myself and I Neighborhood RR blog using The Stitching Parlor's charts based on Pride and Prejudice, plot out how large a piece of fabric will be needed, chart a border with a center medallion that reads "Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen". Check out the Jane Austen chart in The Gift of Stitching to see if any of the motifs there will be useful.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
- Finish the Prairie Schooler Santa cards: so far I have finished the 1995 [photo on 8/2 post], the 2004 [photo on 8/16 post], 2005 [photo on 8/24 post], 2006 and 2007.
- Finish the Peacock biscornu: didn't even touch the poor neglected thing.
- Focus on the Mystic Stitcher's Hideaway 2007 projects, only an hour of stitching this month, on the very last day of the month, just to be able to say I did get to it.
- Focus on the TW Autumn Faerie: another neglected project
- Stitch a set of four tea towels with herbal motifs: I did dig out the proper chart, does that count?
- Start Liz Turner Diehl's German Garden: Nope
- Start TW Woodland Angel stocking for Liam: Nope
- Start Miribilia's Halloween Faerie: Nope
- Finish one more Celtic Tarot card for Angela's set: Nope
- Finally, finish Sean's Name Tree ornament: this is getting monotonous, but yet another Nope
- At least two sewing finishes: The Sweetheart Tree's Pumpkin on Gingham Halloween ornament and Elizabeth's Designs Peace, finished as a pin keep.
- Cross Eyed Kat's Jolly Roger Cat: finished 8/7/08
- Plum Pudding's Blessed Be: finished 8/8/08
- Top for the pink biscornu: finished 8/8/08
- Lizzie Kate's Housework...: finished 8/16/08
- The Sweetheart Tree's Pumpkin on Gingham ornament from JCS ... finished 8/31/08
- Started Prairie Schooler's Night Owl ornament from JCS
- Started the Debbie Draper Spots of Fun SAL: this last has become an obsession. I am using all sorts of different fibers for the motifs but one color way ... it's like eating potato chips or M&Ms ... just one more motif before I put it down ... after all I wasn't supposed to even start it until 9/1/08 but I have already completed 12 motifs ... and that's most of the first two pages of a four page design.