Saturday, June 28, 2008

Kaloo Kalay, some pictures today ... finally

Finally, I have learned to post pictures on my blog... the first of many, I hope. Pictured above is the Sue Hillis Spool Tree ornament from the 2007 Just Cross Stitch ornament issue.
This is the Pine Hill Designs freebie, Jacob's Ladder ornament. I played a little with the colors and the stitching, using a rice stitch in the points of the diamond. I edged it with green and gold beads.

This a European Freebie, Olive Branch biscornu, stitched on Mushroom 25 ct. Laguna with a Homespun Elegance Starburst button


I am calling this my Halloween Cat biscornu. The original chart, a European freebie, had black cats with a red frame on a white field. I changed the fabric to a mushroom laguna and used NN Autumn Leaves for the frame and added a Homespun Elegance Pumpkin button for a Halloween look.

This is the Glory Bee NOEL ornament, a free chart. I added a beaded hanger to this piece.


The above is the Knotted Tree Santa ornament from JCS 2007 ornament issue ... I beaded the edges by whip stitching red and white beads along the edges for a candy cane effect.

this is the Prairie Grove Peddler USA 1776 freebie chart which I finished as a pinkeep. Tomorrow, I shall try to post pictures of the Sue Hillis Santas that I finished earlier this month and a picture of my current WIP, Raise the Roof's Crabby All Year.

3 comments:

Nancy*Glory Bee said...

All very nice finishes. Glad you are able to post pictures too!
Nancy

tkdchick said...

I'm glad you figured out the picture thing! Thanks for sharing your beautiful ornaments!

~Julie~ said...

*Beautiful* finishes, Riona! I like your biscornus especially..just lovely! The buttons you chose are perfect for them also!


~Julie~