Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sidling up tp Satin Stitching

When last seen, The English Band Sampler still needed cross stitching in navy blue at the far right, a re-stitch of one frogged dark coral medallion in the lower right corner, and some more cross stitching in medium and light coral in the medallions and some  olive green inside the dark coral flower shapes.  When I started this band on January 1st, I had no idea how very long it would take to finish the cross stitching and start the satin stitching that appears to dominate the model photo.  Eighteen days and counting.  I am determined to finish the cross stitching this weekend and still have some time leftover to start Piper's stocking and even get a few sewing finishes done.  

Here's a shot of Saturday's and Sunday's progress.  All the cross stitching is finally done.Not bad considering that on Saturday I worked Confirmation interviews from 8:30 to Noon and then attended the 5:30 Mass before adding a two deep adult presence to the Teen RCIA.  At least, I wasn't the presenter and didn't have to prepare a lesson.  Sunday was manly deoted to housework and laundry but I did manage to squeeze in some stitching time.  So, on to the satin stitching, finally.


Linda said...

It looks gorgeous just like that Regina. Looking forward to seeing the fill in.


Jeanne said...

Well you must have a lot of time for stitching because you've made a lot of progress - beautiful colors! Good luck with the satin stitching.

Julie said...

So pretty, its wonderful.

llknbillburg said...

Lovely, as usual. I pulled mine out yesterday. I should finish the sampler I am working on by the end of the month and this one will go in its place in the rotation! Laura