Friday, January 17, 2014

And Back To The Sampler


I called myself a will'o'the'wisp in yesterday's post but here I am back to stitching the sampler.  It's not really a contradiction though, since being a will'o'the'wisp essentially means being inconsistent, flitting about whichever way the winds blow.  And what could be more inconsistent or flittery than preparing a rotation of four or five projects and then reverting to THE BAP.

I wholeheartedly recommend this sampler to any stitcher who subscribes to Sampler and Antique Needlework Quarterly.  It appears in the 2012 Spring, Summer and Fall issues.

I am currently working on the navy blue [DMC 311] cross stitching and after that I'll have to do some more stitching in the olive green [DMC 3011].  I figure this will take the better part of the weekend.  Happily this weekend is a long one due to Martin Luther King Day.  I'll be losing the better part of Saturday to 8th grade Confirmation interviews in the morning and to Teen RCIA in the evening after Mass.  Some weeks I think I live on the parish campus.  I also have to fit some wardrobe shopping into my weekend this week.  I am in desperate need of winter slacks, a few sweaters and a blazer or two.  I figure everything will be on sale but completely picked over OR all put away, with only next season's clothes on display.  And then there is my 32 year old winter coat.  I think it is time to replace it.  I am not sure how much time I will have for stitching on Saturday but Sunday and Monday look pretty clear.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

32 year old winter coat!! Yes, you have fun replacing it! It is still very cold here, and there are still some coats to be found. I wouldn't wait long though.

Maggee said...

Vickie's right--better get out there soon! I need black and brown flat shoes... been looking for months with no success. Soon there will be sandals out! The Sampler looked finished to me, I was excited! But it was a cursory look... Y(Ou have the pattern! Get lots done this weekend. I hope too also!