Thursday, January 2, 2014

And Still More Sampling


I finished Band 5 on December 31.  Moving on, I started the cross-stitched outline of the pattern in the next band in DMC 3011, dark olive green. Band 6 is a very deep and densely stitched band featuring a cross-stitched outline filled in with satin stitches and specialty stitches.  I find this so much more relaxing than the fussy Band 5 with all its quarter and three quarter stitches and intricate back stitching.  I am going to make the most of this band while it lasts because the next one is very similar to Band 5: two side by side panels of the same motifs flipped upside down in a sort of reverse mirror image.

Anywat, I need to do a bit more stitching on Band 6 in order to produce an interesting photo.  Maybe in a day or two, I'll have something worth showing.


5 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow that's a gorgeous band with beautiful colours!

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely stunning! Talk about eye candy!

Liliana Fornelos said...

What a beautiful embroidery, love the colors :)
Congratulations.

Maggee said...

My daughter loved seeing this sampler! She loves bright colors! Your progress is great! Hugs!

Julie said...

A nice vibrant project to be working on in the winter months.