Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Almost Ready to Satin Stitch ... Not!

I have been working steadily on the cross stitching involved in this band.  It is very deceptive.  When you look at the model photo, what catches the eye is all the satin stitching.  But there is an enormous amount of cross stitching that needs to be done first to frame the satin stitched areas.  This phase of the band is both enjoyable and interminable.  An odd combination.  I usually have severe episodes of stitcher's Attention Deficit Disorder whenever any aspect of a project drags on for more than a week.  I started Band 6 on January 1st and here I am still cross stitching the outlines two weeks later.  And I am pleased with it. I know I am still at the stage where I am using only three colors and some of my readers may not find the progress all that exciting or worthy of another photo.    I promise I'll be adding more color soon, just have a little patience.  As I said in a previous post, I believe this band will be even more stunning than Band 5.  The whole band reminds me of a rich Persian carpet.

8 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

I think your progress is worthy of a photo it looks great!

Unknown said...

Well done on your progress with this band - love the colours being used.

Linda said...

More beautiful progress Regina. I love the color combination.

Linda

llknbillburg said...

Beautiful!! I'm dragging mine back out right now!!!! Laura

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This really is a beautiful band, the colours are lovely.

barbara said...

It just gets prettier and prettier!

Sarah Beth said...

I am loving seeing the progress of this band sampler. Where did you get it. I think its something I may want to try someday. The colors are so rich and beautiful. Can't wait to see the finished product. I know it will be stunning

Maggee said...

You are making GREAT progress! I am so looking forward to seeing the satin stitching begin! Hugs!