Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wentzler Wednesday

Well, the routine is re-established ... Wentzler Wednesday is back in place ... even if I only managed an hour's stitching on Tracery Dragons. I am hoping to spend some more time on this piece on Thursday and Friday. My goal is to finish stitching page three of the chart [which comprises the bottom two inches of the chart] and to do the backstitching. That way I'll be able to get a sense as to how well this fabric is working with the design. The chart recommendation was for a very dark fabric but I dislike stitching on super dark fabrics. Anyway, here is a photo to prove that some small progress has been made!






As I said above, I did steal time from the Tracery Dragons to apply the cording to three ornaments in the Town Square SAL that I had assembled and to prep the boards for two more ornaments that I hope to "finish" finish by Friday: Jane Greenoff's Blackwork Owl and the first Lizzie Kate ornament I stitched in anticipation of the July 3-August 15 exchange round. I stitched a second Lizzie Kate ornament for this exchange as well, a very simple complimentary chart that I modified by stitching in appropriately colored Mill Hill beads and to which I added a few Mill Hill Glass Treasure hearts ... I have to cut and pad some boards for that ornament as well and then assemble it. I haven't decided yet which ornament I will use in the exchange. I'll be meeting with some stitching friends next week so I'll have them help me decide.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

You are making great progress on your TW! Way to go!

I love your Town Square ornaments!

mdgtjulie said...

Great ornies, and love the colors in TD. Very pretty so far!