Thursday, June 2, 2011

Some finishing

I should have a few photos to share of sewing finishes. But ... my posts do seem to be full of "buts" lately ... the sewing machine needle broke as I was working on a tote finish this morning before work. No problem, right? I have plenty of machine needles on hand! Always buy at least five cards of them at a time. So, I get a needle and open the little tool case that holds all my sewing machine sized screw-drivers, both flat and phillips head. Okay, you guessed it, I suspect my darling husband has been poaching again. I have offered to buy him his own set of wee small screwdrivers for his tiny repairs [pens, watches, keychains, eyeglasses and the like] but no, he says, why bother, he says, and sure, he'll remember to return my tools to their proper storage place, he says! Well, I believed him! I should probably be the proud owner of several bridges in my hometown of Brooklyn with that level of gullibility. Tomorrow morning I will buy three sets of tiny screwdrivers: one for him, one for me and one to hide in a place not to be mentioned [he does occasionally read this blog] so that the next time I need to replace a needle, I will not have to make a trip to the hardware store to do so.


Ah, the joys of marriage: what's his is his, what's mine is ours.



1 comment:

Erica said...

OMG! I could have written this same thing about my husband! It is enough to make you scream!
I have to hide mine!
What is worse, he takes my scissors to cut all sorts of things! GRRR!