Friday, June 17, 2011

Oh, that Chenille

On the June 10th post of her blog, Sharon of Crescent Colors showed some of the most delicious colors of hand-dyed chenille. I can't wait till these hit the stores, both brick and mortar and online. I love all the colors she displayed but I need the rose ... it'll make a perfect trim for one of my recent finishes, BBD A Bird in Hand. I look forward to seeing any new colors she adds. They'll be coordinated with her existing color line in over-dyed cottons. While I have a very deep stash of Sharon's Belle Soie silks [one of my absolute favorite fibers], I never really built up a large stock of her cottons ... probably because I already had a very large supply of both GAST and WDW cottons. But I can see that that will have to change. I stitch quite a few monochromatic designs and am just itching to start an Ink Circle piece I have in my stash ... it calls for GAST Blue Spruce but I think I'll check out a similar shade in Sharon's line and then order the cotton and the chenille at the same time.

3 comments:

natalysneedle said...

What I love most about her Chenille trims are the lovely array of colors. I can't wait to get my hands on some.

Deborah said...

You musy try her cotton thread. They are my favorite. Cabn't wait to get the chenille trims.

mdgtjulie said...

I just love picking colors for monochromatic pieces. Can't wait to see what you choose!!