Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Tuesday's Tasks and Wednesday's Work

Since I am wrapping things up at work before summer break, I ended up working through my lunch hour and may end up doing so again today.  That means a little less stitching time.  So I don't have much progress to show.

The only piece I actually did get time to work on yesterday was The Dragon of the Winter Moon.  I did finish up the blade at the end of the tail and filled in a bit more of the icy mountain range below the dragon.  I know it is hard to see but there has been progress.  That's one of the reasons I backstitch as I go along.  It helps me to "find my place" as we used to say in grade school. I've decided this dragon's name is Luna.  I had first thought it might be Selena but I realized soon enough that Selena wasn't a strong enough name for this matriarch who curls so protectively and alertly in her mountain stronghold.

We are expecting some rain later in the day.  I am hoping it holds off till evening since I'd like to finish the first motif on The English Band Sampler after work.  The soft light of 5:30 to 7:00 pm is perfect for stitching on the patio.

But if that doesn't work out, there is always The Silversmith's Shop or some sewing and assembly projects to work on indoors.

7 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

I, for one, am impressed with your progress! Nice job.

Julie said...

Nice name choice, she's emerging into a lovely lady.

Maggee said...

Good progress on Luna! I am going to stitch a project on black fabric, and will have to try stitching outside... later in the evenings. It is so humid, I have had a headache today. Enjoy the break from work! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that dragon!! Gorgeous!

Linda said...

She looks great Regina.

Linda

CalamityJr said...

Her name is perfect for a dragon of the winter moon - how clever of you! She's a lovely girl.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great progress, the dragon looks lovely on that fabric too.