Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A Progress Photo


Dragon Dreams' Dragon of The Winter Moon.  I substituted an over dyed Silkweaver 28 ct linen in the colorway Storm for the suggested 28ct Zweigart Colonial Blue.  This over dyed linen has a medium to light grey base with mottling in darker grey and grey blue.  To my way of thinking this is perfect for an early evening winter sky.

As I mentioned in yesterday's post I had very nearly every fiber and bead needed to kit this up already in stash.  I am just waiting on one Caron Waterlilies and one package of Mill Hill beads to complete the kit.   I might also need some additional white Anchor Marlitt rayon floss which, of course, is a discontinued line.  I am never very good at guesstimating when partial skeins are involved.  So, yesterday morning, I sent out the word via blog and message board that I'd appreciate another skein, if anyone can spare one.  So far three generous stitcher's have replied.  But if I can't get a good match, I already have an alternate solution in mind.  I'll use the Marlitt for the body of the dragon but I will use DMC Satin white for the wings.  That way any differences will look intentional and not the result of my being scatterbrained.  In any case, I have started the piece with the supplies on hand and this is my current progress.

When this dragon is done, he will be quite the glittering fellow.  There are five shades of Kreinik in this piece and two shades of glass seed beads.  Happily, I have no problem working with metallics and I love beading.  I am delighted with the way things look even at this early stage.


5 comments:

Maggee said...

You've done a lot already! I love beading too! Look forward to more progress pictures. Hugs!

Julie said...

Very serene looking, but lovely. Stitchers are always so helpful to each other, glad someone could assist.

Linda said...

Lovely start Regina.

Linda

Dani - tkdchick said...

She's looking GREAT! By the way Jennifer says all of her dragons are female!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You really are feeding my dragon addiction! This is such a beautiful dragon too. I am glad that Jennifer has advised about the gender of her dragons too, hopefully Teresa's are all male so we can continue to have baby dragons in cross stitch!