As I mentioned in yesterday's post I had very nearly every fiber and bead needed to kit this up already in stash. I am just waiting on one Caron Waterlilies and one package of Mill Hill beads to complete the kit. I might also need some additional white Anchor Marlitt rayon floss which, of course, is a discontinued line. I am never very good at guesstimating when partial skeins are involved. So, yesterday morning, I sent out the word via blog and message board that I'd appreciate another skein, if anyone can spare one. So far three generous stitcher's have replied. But if I can't get a good match, I already have an alternate solution in mind. I'll use the Marlitt for the body of the dragon but I will use DMC Satin white for the wings. That way any differences will look intentional and not the result of my being scatterbrained. In any case, I have started the piece with the supplies on hand and this is my current progress.
When this dragon is done, he will be quite the glittering fellow. There are five shades of Kreinik in this piece and two shades of glass seed beads. Happily, I have no problem working with metallics and I love beading. I am delighted with the way things look even at this early stage.