Tuesday, December 10, 2013


It has occurred to me that my most recent BAP/UFO, The English Band Sampler, probably isn't all that familiar to all my readers.  Being that it is on scroll bars that I am reluctant to take apart constantly for photos and then reassemble, current readers are viewing only the most recent stitching.  I find it very difficult to believe that, until I picked it up again last week, I hadn't stitched on this piece since the Fall of 2012.  It seems only yesterday that I set it aside to do just one special project that was calling my name.

I thought it might be a good idea to delve back in my files for some old photos to piece together a sort of composite.  It is hardly a complete picture since I didn't save any photos of Bands 1 and 2.  Band 1 was a straightforward alphabet and Band 2 was floral band with stylized geranium motifs.  If you are really curious to see Bands 1 and 2 please click here .  The box below the alphabet is blank because I intend to stitch my own name and the finish date in that area ... and I clearly can't do that till I have a finish date in mind.

A somewhat out of focus photo of the Queen stitches of Band 3
Still somewhat out of focus close-up

Band 3 before the Queen stitches

Band 4: lots od satin stitches

Band 5 to date


Laura said...

That is going to be spectacular once you have finished it!

Vickie said...

I am loving those queen stitched strawberries.

Dani - tkdchick said...

I think its going to be spectacular I love all of the fanatstic colours!!!!

Maggee said...

Wow! It is so colorful and bright! Loving it! Hugs!

Julie said...

It's been nice to recap what you have stitched so far, its spectacular and so vibrant and colourful.