These were my goals for this past year:
- 01. My Own Crazy Challenge: work on unfinished class pieces from 2005-date. Well, I did work on the Mystic Pocket from Thea Dueck.
- 02. Complete two BAPs: TW's Woodland Angel Stocking for Liam and The Woodland Maiden Stocking for Piper. Finished Liam's stocking and kitted up Piper's.
- 03. Limit new starts to one for every two UFO/WIPs completed. I made ten new starts, eight of which were ornaments, because the strain of working on just "old" projects got to me. Otherwise I worked on Class projects and UFOs almost exclusively. But since those were mostly BAPs, I didn't exactly rack up the numbers.
- 04. Stitch a few more Heart ornaments for the Anniversary-Valentine's Day tree. I never did get to this.
- 05. Stitch one ornament a month from the 2006 Indy Town Square SAL. I didn't manage twelve but I did stitch five: a paltry number, I know, but still better than none.
- 06. Limit stash purchases to fabric, fiber and tools needed to complete charts on hand. Okay, sue me. I bought two needlepoint charts and four cross stitch chart. My husband also bought three more charts as a gift. So, I guess I blew that goal out of the water this year.
- 07. Continue to blog regularly, aiming for every other day. There was a huge gap in May and June when I did next to no stitching or blogging. Even so, the number of posts is actually only ten posts shy of half of 365.
- 08. Make an effort to catch up on sewing and framing finishes. Twenty three sewing finishes but I have yet to find a framer to replace my go-to guy who retired after his wife and business partner died.
- 09. Inventory and declutter existing stash. I have been working on this, a little at a time. I have weeded out all the charts I have already stitched and will never stitch again. I have given them away. I have also severely reduced my binder of printed out freebies to those few I really will stitch or, having already stitched, am likely to stitch again as gifts or exchanges.
- 10. Change EGA membership to cyber-stitcher. I'll do this when my membership comes up for renewal.
Not exactly a stellar year for goals achievement, but I do tend to over reach. Only five of the ten goals accomplished. But there was some slow but steady progress on a number of projects. So, when all is said and done, I am pleased with this year's stitching.