Monday, March 28, 2011

Weekend Progress Report: March 27, 2011

Two consecutive days of bright sunshine ... be still my heart!!! Even though it is still quite chilly with temps in the 30s [about 25 degrees cooler than average for this time of year], the sunshine is a real mood lifter after all the bleak and gloomy days this past month. My hardy daffodils and jonquils survived the late snows and are showing color ... just buds this morning but we should have full-fledged blooms by mid-week. I'll have to share a photo when they are at their best.


But enough of the weather report. Moving on to stitching progress over the past week. Due to the pressures of work, I didn't have time to pick up a needle from Sunday through Thursday. But Friday, Saturday and Sunday were a different story entirely. So, making up for lost time:


CRAZY JANUARY CHALLENGE PROGRESS

Day 2 Project: The Ice Dragon's Kingdom: completely stitched ... just waiting for the beads to arrive from 123stitch so I can finish the piece entirely. There's a photo on Friday's post. I know I will drop everything when the beads arrive because I am dying to add this to my finish sidebar and because I really enjoy beading. I found it so frustrating not to have the beads on hand ... I thought I had ordered them and had them in my bead case ... but alas, I had not and did not ... that I pulled all my remaining Dragon Dreams large dragon charts and ordered all the specialty fibers and beads for them as well. I am hoping to be able to start on at least one more of these this year ... once I get through the other Crazy January Challenges and a few more 2010 WIPs.

Day 3 Project: Homespun Elegance's The Stitcher: got the stitcher done completely leaving only the alphabet part of this sampler to finish. ut since I posted a progress photo just yesterday I'll wait to post another mid-week, when I have managed to stitch a bit of the alphabet.




In addition, a link from one blog to another led me to this lovely little Easter freebie from Martina ... one of the reasons I love reading blogs. Talk about eye appeal! I had promised myself that I would stick to the Crazy January Challenge projects and my 2010 WIPs & UFOs this year, limiting my new starts ... but I am afraid I'll have to break that promise for this little beauty. I have a package of some rather sparkly opalescent Silkweaver linen left from my subscribing days ... something I wouldn't ordinarily choose myself but would, I think, suit this little project nicely. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the rest of that sparkly stuff ... perhaps I can kit up two of these little projects, the second one sans chart but with the link since Martina has copyrighted the freebie chart ... the fabric with the floss and the link to the chart would make a nice little giveaway for April 4. I'll have to think about it.

2 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Congrats on the almost finish; can't wait to see it beaded and complete. Kitting up the Easter freebie sounds like a great idea, except the link to Martina says that blog doesn't exist! Does she have a new one, maybe? Thank for checking!

riona said...

I checked and corrected the link, you should be able to use it now.