Yesterday, I decided that I needed a bit more disciplined approach if I am ever going to finish my current BAP so henceforth Tuesdays shall be T. Wentzler days until such time as The Autumn Faerie is complete. That's not to say I can't work on it other days of the week, but rather, put simply, I MUST work on it on Tuesdays.
So here are some before and after photos. First this is what it looked when I picked it up Tuesday morning ... lots of little blank spaces in the left wing ... a counting nightmare. In order to give myself a clear reference point for my counting, I did a little back stitching on the scarf and then worked from there. It may not look like much progress was made but I tend to take my time with Teresa Wentzler pieces, counting three times before stitching, since frogging tends to be complicated by the blended flosses ... it's very hard to see what needs to be frogged ... so it's best to avoid problems in the first place. Anyway, this is what it looked like when I put it away.
I know I entitled this post A TW Tuesday, but I just have to show a small photo of Monday's stitching, a charming little Easter freebie from Martina ... see the link on Sunday's post. I have been so disciplined thus far this year, working on only my Crazy January Challenges and my 2010 WIPs and UFOs ... but I just couldn't resist starting this piece. In any case, it is stitched entirely from existing stash ... so I can, at least, justify/rationalize the start by saying it didn't involve any additional expense. It's a fussy little piece with lots of fractional stitches and loads of not-quite-confetti stitching which require some very careful counting ... but I am looking foward to a fabulous finish as a pin pillow. You can see the rabbit taking shape nicely and in the lower left corner you can see one of the flowers that will eventually surround the inner border/frame.