Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Loss

A few years ago, I discovered Lisa Roswell of The Primitive Needle and promptly began purchasing and stitching her designs. I had read a charming article about her work in a Just Cross Stitch issue and was intrigued by her vision.
Today, I read that she died ... victim of the flooding rivers fed by snowmelt in northwestern Ohio ... her car washed from the road. I read in her bio on her website that she was an RN ... so death was no stranger to her. It was clearly a topic on which she had thought much ... as evidenced by the many tombstone angels and epitaphs in her designs. I can only hope her own death was serene and peaceful, though I know nothing of the physiology of drowning.
My prayers are now for her family and friends. As to the stitching community, we have lost a bright light in the design firmament, a comet that flashed briefly across The Black'd Skie.

4 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

It is a tragic loss....
her soul and her family are in my prayers. You had a lovely tribute to her, thank you for your words.

Rachel S-H said...

You have written a beautiful tribute to her.

Kay said...

How sad - prayers going out to her family and friends.

Dani - tkdchick said...

That is a tragic loss and such a sad story, great tribute