Friday, March 25, 2011

Fragmented Friday

Friday is usually my day-off ... but I will have to go into work early this afternoon to finish making 150 bookmarks [momentos for a Lenten Fast Feast] and finish writing a prayer service for the meal that breaks the Fast part of said Fast-Feast.


But before that, I had to catch up the laundry that has been multiplying at the same rate as my work hours away from home ... a tendency I find entirely pernicious ... one would hope that my home would cut me a little slack when my career runs me through the mill. But instead my home acts like a jealous spouse, demanding even more attention ... and at a time when I am least able to provide it.



Then there are the usual errands to run on the one day off I have: bank, post office, grocery store ... But, happily, starting next Sunday I will have my Sundays back to myself ... but March has been a very stressful month, filled with 6 day work weeks.


After the errands, I will have to run over to a neighboring parish to help set up the afore-mentioned Fast Feast. I have already warned my colleagues that I may cut out before the end since I am pretty much running on fumes today.






Oddly, amidst all this running hither and yon, I have actually managed to pick up a needle for the first time this week, completing the background and all but the beading in the corner motifs of The Ice Dragon's Kingdom. And, above and beyond that, I was able to pull out my Day 3 Crazy January Challenge project, Homespun Elegance's The Stitcher. Well, I will have a somewhat more relaxing weekend and trust I will be able to get some more stitching in as well. Even so, it does not look good for the monthly goals ... lots and lots of "No progress" notations. I am promising myself a better April.

3 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

I am so loving watching you work on Ice Dragon's Kingdom! I love Jen's stuff!

Vicky said...

I think busy weeks are the norm now and should be doing the laundry but I am sitting here reading blogs LOL

Rachel S-H said...

He is so beautiful!