Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday, Monday

This is going to be another busy week with two more Whole Community Catechesis Events, another 7th Grade Weekend Workshop, and a Catechist Meeting in addition to the regular schedule of classes. Next week will be just as frantic with two Confirmation Retreats and 7th grade quarter finals in addition to the regular classes. But today, thanks be to God, starts slowly. Since I work until 9:00pm today, I don't have to be at my desk until 1:00pm. I have spent the morning unloading and rreloading the dishwasher, generally straightening the kitchen and catching up on the laundry [4 loads]. However, laundry is not a continuous job like it was in my grandmother's day. So, in between the sorting, loading, drying and folding I have found some time for stitching again. Albeit not much time, but it is nice to take needle in hand again and get back to The Ice Dragon's Kingdom.

Here is a photo of the small progress I have made this morning. I have begun to fill in the right wing. My apologies for the less than wonderful photo. I didn't have time to press the piece before photographing it. And until I do the backstitching it is hard to see the #32 VFB that fills the wing ... it does seem to fade into the fabric. I hope to show you a much better photo by mid-week: the whole wing finished and the rest of the dragon back-stitched!!!

3 comments:

SnowySticher said...

your piece is looking very nice. I will be watching the progress on this.

Crystal said...

Wow, its looks fantastic, keep up the wonderful stitching.

pandy said...

that looks gorgeous :) Any progress is progress!