Monday, August 23, 2010

Weekend Progress Report # 33

The early part of the week was spent on a Kreinik Angel for Twig's round robin piece, see finish photo here. As you can see, I adapted it considerably to make it work in this round robin. It was mailed on the 21st to Linda. I have received the next piece in the round robin, Deb's, which has an angel or faerie theme.

While at the post office on the 21st, I also managed to mail Dani's blogaversary winning, see photo here. I hope she enjoys using this biscornu pin cushion as much as I enjoyed making it. By the way, I neglected to mention that the title of the chart is Morroccan Tile and it came from a French site the name of which I no longer remember. It was stitched on an off-white mystery evenweave several years ago and has been languishing in storage ever since. I was on a biscornu kick at the time and had made a dozen of them. Having given away a fair number, I am now down to a third of that number.
The middle and tail end of the week was spent on an ornament for the Christmas exchange. All I need to do is assemble it and I should have plenty of time to get that done before the mailing date of August 30. I have selected a number of goodies to add to the exchange and will supply a photograph of the tout ensemble once I know the package has been received by my partner.
What little weekend stitching time I've had has been devoted to my Autumn Faerie BAP. I am making reasonable progress considering all the other demands on my time ... but not quite enough progress to warrant a photo. Perhaps in a day or two.
I also selected a chart for Debra's angel round robin, Winter Angel, from the hardcover Cross Stitch Myth and Magic. I have kitted it up in the suggested DMC. The chart measures 60w x 105h, so it will fill the space provided nicely. It is an interesting and challenging enough piece that I won't resent the time stolen from my Autumn Faerie too much.

No comments: