Sunday, August 15, 2010

Weekend Progress Report # 32


I knew it was a forlorn hope to begin with: my goal was to finish Twig's round robin angel in time to get to the post office by closing at 11am Saturday. So, since my next window of opportunity [to run errands] will be Thursday, I have soldiered on and concentrated on giving the vaguely Jim Shore-ish piece a more pronounced Jim Shore look by filling in all the white space with a nice warm ivory ... just like the backgrounds of most of his statuettes. The shades of light rose and medium light rose that I chose for the dress looked to have sufficient contrast on the bobbins but when stitched into the checkerboard pattern of the sleeves, they are barely distinguishable from one another. I believe I'll outline the checks with a single strand of the green for another Jim Shore like touch. This folk art style angel is turning out to be a more elaborate project than I usually do for a round robin but I think the end result will be well worth the extra time and effort.


Preoccupied with this round robin as I have been, I haven't picked up the Autumn Faerie since Wednesday afternoon. Since I have also committed to a Christmas ornament exchange with a mailing date of August 30, it is unlikely that I will get back to my faerie again until late next week. But I am determined to do so as I don't want to lose the momentum I have been building on this project. It is intended as a Christmas gift so I need to get it to the framer in late October or early November.

5 comments:

Parsley said...

Wow! You've done a lot on this and I love the pinks you used. Nice work.

katiem said...

I think the angel is shaping up very nicely. It's very kind of you to make the extra effort stitching this design to look like a Jim Shore piece even though it isn't your style.

AnnMcD said...

Good progress on your angel. I have some ornaments to get made too and they can cut into the time needed for big projects like your TW. Good luck with all of them!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Keep stitcking with it and it'll get done!

Rachel S-H said...

It looks wonderful! Twig will appreciate all the extra effort.