Sunday, March 14, 2010

Weekend Progress Report #10

It has been a busy week for me: I lost most of my day off Friday to a special event for catechists that my parish was hosting. Furthermore, we have had a great deal going on in the regularly scheduled religious education classes: confessions, Stations of the Cross, exams. I also lost almost all of last weekend to 7th grade workshops. Lent tends to be a very busy time. Finally, my husband and I managed to get together with my daughter and son and their respective significant others as well as with my sister-in-law for a family dinner at a favorite local restaurant this Sunday. It is amazing how difficult it is to get 7 adults together in the same place at the same time. The last time we had this particular group together was for my daughter's birthday in January.

As a result, I don't have quite so much to report this weekend. And most of what I do have to report isn't ready for Show & Tell since it involves my piece for Linda's Round Robin. I tend to go in for elaborate borders and ambitious plans ... and all that takes some time to accomplish. But I am making progress and should have a photo of the finished border soon. Then it will be onward and upward: stitching my own panel to set the theme. After that, it will just be a matter of selecting a number of charts to help others who may not have an extensive chart library in this area. But for the present, I am still working on the border: I still need to stitch 17 of the acorn "caps", 76 acorn "nuts" and then do the back stitching and long stitching on all 76 acorns. I figure the border will take at least another week, possibly more, and that the panel I am stitching across the top will take another two weeks.

1 comment:

Rachel S-H said...

Hey, Regina,

I wanted to write to tell you I got the trims and the stuffing you sent. Thank you so much for giving this all away. I love it! How can I pay you for these?