Monday, March 1, 2010

Assessing February Goals & Setting March Goals

February Goals:Focus on Teresa Wentzler's Autumn Faerie: My illness earlier this month derailed this goal. Little stitching done on it after the first week this month.
Complete Bride Tree SAL February [Heart] Christmas Ornament: I mistakenly ordered Flax Glasgow linen when I should have ordered Raw Glasgow linen ... I'll have to wait another payday before ordering the correct linen ... color swatches on computer monitors can be so misleading. This is one more reason I wish I had a real LNS available to me. Don't get me wrong: I am very grateful for the existence of on-line shops but mistakes like mine could be avoided if one could actually see the real deal.
Complete one Thanksgiving ornament: The Pilgrim Boy and Girl from the BH&G 1001 Cross Stitch Motifs: DONE, actually I stitched March's Thanksgiving ornament as well before I gave away the Homespun Elegance chart.
Continue to work on one medium project: Brightneedle's Ghost and Ghoulies Etui. Well, I did work on a medium project but it was Workbasket's Mermaids Singing instead of the Brightneedle etui. Completed the whole border and a little more than one third of the central design.
Finish up Heartstring's Noah's Ark Santa as the February Small Project : DONE as well as another small: a Quaker fragment for a tuck pouch.
UFO Countdown project: Peacock Biscornu. No progress.
Sewing Finishes: Try to generate another Finishing Frenzy during the Winter recess ... one to equal the Autumn frenzy of 2009. Finished up some ornaments ... see photos from yesterday.


March Goals:
  • Focus Project: Still TW Autumn Faerie
  • Travel Projects: Brightneedle's Ghosts and Ghoulies Etui and Workbasket's Mermaids Singing.
  • Bride Tree SAL February ornament [Heart]March Ornament [Flower or Flower Basket].
  • Thanksgiving Ornament: Homespun Elegance Turkey with Pumpkins. DONE.
  • Medium Project: Finish Workbasket's Mermaids Singing and start Sue Hillis' Annual Charmed Santa 2008: the Cookie Baking Santa.
  • Small Projects: my last Heartstring Santa Factory card - February [Santa with a Heart]
  • UFO Countdown Project: Finally move on the Peacock biscornu and then, while the weather is still cool, pick up the Jacobean afghan.
  • Linda's Round Robin: Finish the border and stitch my own panel on my piece.
  • Sewing Finishes: Keep up with ornament finishes and clear up any finishes leftover from February's Finishing Frenzy.
It's odd that it is already March and I still have two more Christmas projects left in the 2010 "plan": Sue Hillis' Cookie Baking Santa and another Heartstrings' Santa. Usually, I do quite a lot of Christmas stitching in January while the mood is still upon me. But this year, I was focusing on the Autumn Faerie in January & February as well as the infamous Mom's Stash Giveaway. So it seems I shall be stitching Christmas charts while the rest of the world is celebrating St. Patrick's Day. Then of course, my planned BAPs for the remainder of the year are also Christmas themed: Liam's stocking, the TW Woodland Angel and Angela's Christmas gift, TW's Winter Faerie. Not to mention my paticipation in the Bride's Tree SAL which will keep me focused on Christmas with a monthly ornament. And, of course, I still haven't completed the Sweetheart Tree's Holly and Hearts Sampler [a class piece from 2008] which is on my UFO Countdown list and will make a perfect travel piece one of these months. That's an unusual amount of Christmas stitching for me in just one year. I hope I still have some enthusiasm left for Christmas when it finally does arrive.

1 comment:

Paula C. said...

Good luck with your goals! I am always more in the mood to stitch Christmas right after it happens! About the fabric swatches, I'm not sure if Mary Jane's still does it but you used to be able to order swatches for a dime a piece or something.