- the novelty of doing needlepoint after a very long hiatus
- the sheer pleasure of working with Caron Watercolours: such a buttery soft yarn like cotton
- the fantastic colorway of the Caron fiber: the colorway is called Royal Jewels
- the way the Kreinik High Lustre Gold braid makes the colors in the Caron fiber pop
- the easy finish: just blanket stitching the two sides together
I also particularly enjoyed stitching the Prairie Schooler Peace Angel and the Prairie Schooler Partridge in a Pear Tree and, with one notable exception [see 12/16 post], I thoroughly enjoyed all the other ornaments I have stitched this year whether the themes were Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Patriotic or Valentine's Day. I don't stitch what I don't like. I have enjoyed experimenting with different finishing techniques. And I have enjoyed giving a large number of ornaments to the people I know and care for ... relatives, friends, stitching buddies. But somehow, the Byzantine ornament stands head and shoulders above them all.