Friday, November 6, 2009

Falling Off the Wagon ... And Climbing Back On

Yesterday's weigh-in was a disappointment but totally expected. Between the great food at the Mystic Retreat and Halloween and ordering out three times for lunch and twice for dinner last week [pressures of work], I consumed way too many calories these past two or three weeks. Didn't exercise at all either. Well, today is a new beginning. It's back to Amy's organic soup and a piece of fruit for lunch and home-cooked food for dinner ... though I will admit, working till 8:30 and then having to cook even a "quick" something is a real pain ... I think I am going to have to resort to a cracker-cheese-fruit platter and some crudities and low-cal dip with a nice pot of tea on the three evenings a week this happens. I am a morning person and my energy levels take a nose dive after 7:00pm.
And, Ange, if you are reading this ... you have my permission to begin intensive nagging therapy to get me back on my exercise program. We can give the respect due to your mother in all verbal communications a bit of a rest till I am back on track!

3 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Good luck! You can do it!

Carol said...

Hi Riona--You have the right attitude--start fresh each day and don't look back... I've found that excercising each day actually gives me more energy at the end of the day. Good luck!

Dani - tkdchick said...

You know we all have speed bumps like this, what's important is how we deal with it. Do we say to hell with it and throw all our hard work out the window and eat like a pig. Or do we say that's it I'm back at it today. This won't be the last time this'll happen, its how you deal with it that is important.

Riona, I did get the charts, I picked up my mail on my way home today and it must of come in Friday's post, because Mylene's floss tag came in Wednesday's I was just too busy to blog about it right away!

Thank you so much I'll be able to put them to great use!