Friday, November 20, 2009

Another rushed and harried Friday

Today is Sarah's wedding day ... as both my god-daughter and my oldest niece, she holds a special place in my heart ... though I try not to play favorites among my 16 nieces and nephews. Between the getting ready for the day, the practicing of my reading [the Love is patient ... passage from Corinthians], the travelling [about an hours drive North] and the event itself, I imagine the only stitching I will do will be on the drive up.
Yesterday, I did manage to get a bit more done on the Colon Cancer block for Donna's charity auction quilt. This is such a simple design [with precisely regular repeats] that it is stitching up rather quickly. I expect to finish it tomorrow and get it in the mail by Monday. I'll post a photo in my Weekend WIP report post on Sunday evening. Speaking of getting things in the mail, I was able to get this month's giveaway and a small present for a stitching friend in the mail on Tuesday. The giveaway is going to the other side of the planet, so I have no idea how long it will take to make the trip ... but the stitching buddy lives in Maryland, so that one should be arriving any day now if it hasn't already. I hope everyone likes their packages.
Well, I'd best get back to the business of the day.

2 comments:

Rachel S-H said...

Congratulations on the wedding! I know you'll do great on the reading!

Dani - tkdchick said...

I hope the wedding is fantastic and you enjoy every moment of it!