Wednesday, March 13, 2013

And Yet More Sewing & Assembly Finishes

We had some snow Friday and into Saturday morning and I spent a cozy weekend, sipping tea and doing some ornament finishing.  Whenever I have to do some flat ornaments, I tend to wait until I have accumulated enough to make an assembly line process the way to go.  In yesterday's post I showed off the four Town Square SAL flat ornaments that I added to my collection: The Button Shop, The Book Shop, The Primitive's Shop and The Antique Sampler Shop.  But I also worked on a few more flat ornaments:





The Sweetheart Tree's Holly and Heart Christmas ornament.  I ended up using Weeks Dye Works Blue Spruce for making the Twisted Cord since I didn't have anything else on hand in the proper color range.









And an old freebie featuring a cardinal singing its little heart out amidst some Christmas greenery.  I don't have the designer's name.



Sue Donnelly's Stitcher's Hideaway souvenir ornament for the 2012 Spooky Retreat.  I am rather pleased with the tri-color twisted cord I made for this ornament.  It took a few tries to get it right but it was worth the extra effort.  I also added a little Jack-o-lantern brass charm to the beaded hanger just for fun.






That makes a total of 7 flat ornaments so far and only three more to go: a Halloween ornament from Ink Circles called Full Moon and two of Phyllis Mauer's Japanese Kogin Christmas Tree ornaments  I only managed to prep the boards for these ornaments but I should have them finished over the next day or two.  In between bouts of finishing, I have been working on my rotation projects and will post photos of those toward the end of the week.

3 comments:

Vickie said...

Wow! You are really on a roll. Good for you. I adore Sweetheart Tree.

Linda said...

More great ornament finishes. I love them.

Linda

Julie said...

Beautiful selection of ornaments you have stitched and finished off.