Sunday, March 17, 2013

And a Few More Finishes

Finishing seems to be addictive.  I have worked on some form of finishing every day this past week.  And I am beginning to see some patches of bare wood on my dining room table.  To keep things organized in the future, I think I shall bring only three finishing projects down from the storage area at a time.  And once I eliminate The Berry Patch Rabbit from my rotation, I'll replace it with a formal finishing day in the rotation itself.  Who knows?  This may be the year I finally catch up on all my finishes!  Stranger things have happened.  The problem is that every time I think I have gathered all the pieces needing finishing in one place, one or two more always show up ... or I decide that something I intended to frame should be a wall hanging or finished in some other sewing fashion.




Two of Phyllis Mauer's Kogin Christmas Tree ornaments.  I used hand made twisted cord [DMC Ecru] and beaded hangers on both ornaments.  I used a dark green perle floss to stitch these simple little ornaments.



And I made up a small pin pillow.  This is Papillion Creations' Moonlight Serenade.   I used a teal fabric that picked up one of the colors in an old Needle Necessities overdyed floss, trimmed it with a bit of cotton crochet lace and trimmed the edges with hand-made twisted cord [DMC 156, 210 & 211] picking up the lavenders in the stitching floss.

4 comments:

Claire said...

Great finishe.

Karen said...

Love the tree ornament finishes. Good luck with the finishing... sounds like a great idea to add to your rotation!

happy stitching...

Linda said...

Oh wow! More great finishes Regina.

Linda

Julie said...

The pin pillowis delightful, beautiful colour choices