Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tuesday's Tale

Monday was one of those rare days without so much as a single stitch.  I worked through my lunch hour again.  It's a very bad habit, I know, and one that ultimately reduces productivity, if the experts are to be believed.  But the parishioners are finally waking up to the fact that they should have registered for religious education long ago.  Normally, at this time of year, I am waiting on 10-12 families to get their acts together and register.  Since that represents less than 5% of my enrollment, it's manageable.  But for some reason this year the numbers are more like 40 families still not registered and nearly 20% of the expected enrollment not accounted for is an administrative nightmare.  So, naturally, I'll drop anything I am doing to attend to walk-in late registrations and I am spending a fair amount of time on the phone making "courtesy" reminder calls.  It tends to eat into my lunch time.   And late yesterday afternoon, I had the sad duty of attending the wake  of a colleague whom I have always admired, Deacon Gus Pappalardo.  Gus' ministry was so all-encompassing and he had touched so many lives that his wake had to be held in the church itself because none of the local funeral parlors could have accommodated  the stream of visitors.  Parking would have been a nightmare.

So I have just today's progress to consider.  Since it was already set up at the stitching chair, I continued work on The English Band Sampler for my early morning stitching.   All I accomplished was the stitching of the dark blue chain border at the bottom of the band ... hardly enough to warrant another photo.  Again, no stitching on my lunch break but a bit more on Primitive Needle's Thy Needle this evening ... though still not enough to justify a photo since last seen.  All in all, not much of a stitching day

On another topic entirely, there are just two more days left before I choose a winner of my blogiversary giveaway.  I'll be choosing and posting a winner on Thursday.  If you would like to enter, scroll back to last Thursday's post and answer the poll questions.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

I am sorry for the loss of your friend.
On the bright side, enrollment is up!