I am taking a break from the eye strain inducing Algerian eyelets of the band sampler for a while.
Since I am stitching the charts in this series from stash, I have had to do quite a bit of substituting. This has been made a bit more complicated by the fact that I have never been able to find color photos of the stitched models. I am left guessing at the designers' original intent. The best I can do is keep my substitutions in the same color families which is what I did when I substituted GAST Freedom and Old Blue Paint [both blues with grey undertones] for the called for GAST Liberty and CC Blue Beadboard. It would have irked my frugal soul to buy a card of Blue Beadboard in order to stitch a mere 14 stitches: the valances in the two first floor windows and in the door window. It made better sense to work with the third of a card of Old Blue Paint that I had on hand and adjust the remaining blues in the project accordingly. The same has been true for some of the pinks. I didn't have CC Second Hand Rose in stash but I did have GAST Tea Rose from the same color family Now, I just have to come up with a substitute for CCs Bella Rosa.
The fact is I don't have many Crescent Colors over dyed cottons, probably not more than a dozen or so in all. Though Sharon's colors are lovely, it just doesn't seem sensible to acquire another large collection of cotton over dyes when I already had very extensive colllections of GAST and WDW. Now, Crescent Colors' Belle Soie silk line is another story entirely. I am constantly adding to that collection. That's my go-to silk whenever I swap out an entire project from cotton to silk.