I hope I am not boring my followers and readers but I am still working diligently on the stocking for Liam. I have finished frogging and restitching all the errors in the right wing. I have also added four more colors to the right wing portion in Section 2. That brings the number of confetti colors up to 7 with only 5 more to go! The next step will be to add the remaining five colors and to catch up on the back-stitching of the wing and the angel's robes and drapery before moving on to the left wing and the trees that cross over into Section 1. There's another white bird for me to
screw up stitch in this area. Part of the bird is in section 1 and part in section 2, giving me myriad ways to come up with a mistake. Wish me luck! But the truth is, I have not been doing all that well with the white sections of this stocking. I will hold off stitching the top with the name to be done later and all at one go after the pictorial parts of Section 1 and 2 are complete. It will be very very fussy with all the quarter stitches and such. Anyway, I want to re-read the directions before I tackle the name area. I've forgotten which part of the back stitching and/or long stitching involves the #4 braid and which part is done in good old DMC. Besides which, I am not sure I have the right braid in my admittedly excessive extensive stash - I may have to order it. I do know I have to order the beads. I have a pretty large stash of petite seed beads but almost no magnifica beads as called for in this design.