... and stitchers, Gang aft agley. With apologies to Robert Burns, the plan to earn new starts with finishes of old pieces has already gang agley. When I came home from work last night, I couldn't face either of the two challenge pieces in my rotation. So I started this little Celtic bookmark on a scrap of raw linen fabric with a very mixed bag of fibers. The chart is from Dinky Dyes and the recommended fibers are, as you might expect, Dinky Dye flosses. But since I have very little Dinky Dye floss in my stash and didn't like the suggested colorway of green, yellow and purple anyway, I substituted my own colorway of olive green, cream, and rose/brown: Caron Wildflowers Camouflage, Threadworx 1069 and some very old Needle Necessities that has long since been separated from its identifying sleeve. The Needle Necessities floss is a very nearly perfect lighter version of the Wildflowers and the Threadworx picks up the green tone in both the other fibers. Three different manufacturers but a perfect blending of tones and tints! I picked out some appropriate DMC floss for the back-stitching. The end result is this simple but elegant little bookmark. As new starts go, this wasn't a terrible deviation from my plan ... quickly worked up and not a continuing distraction from my class project and UFO challenges. But stash diving through my scraps of linen started me down a slippery slope. I found another piece of natural linen that was just perfect for this CEC Tiny Basket chart and I am stitching it up with odds and ends of floss left over from other projects. And during all this browsing through stitching detritus, I found a small project bag with another bookmark WIP, this one of my own design: a bookcase. I guess I just wasn't cut out for doing ONLY large projects for an entire year ... I couldn't even make it into the second month. I appear to need the satisfaction of a couple of finishes a month, however small.