I spent most of the weekend [and, indeed, most of the week] virtuously working on Tracery Dragons in keeping with my stated annual and monthly goals to work on old class projects and WIPs from the last two years. After last week's deviation into the immediate gratification of a scissor fob and two bookmarks, I thought it best to get back on track before I completely lost my shreds of self-discipline and reverted to the old habits that left me with over a dozen half-finished class projects and six or seven WIPs, in the first place. I refuse to call my WIPs UFOs since I know exactly what they are and I have been working on them continuously, really I have! As you can see from this photo of my dragon, I am closing in on a finish ... with less than a quarter of a page of cross-stitching and back-stitching to go. And then the specialty stitching of the dragon's mane and the rose stems will complete the project. That will make two finishes from the WIP list so far this year but none as yet from the Class Project Challenge List. I will have to get back to working on the Holly and Hearts Sampler very soon. What I am finding quite confusing about all this is how much easier and more quickly stitching on the dragon is going this time around. It took me June, July, August, September, October and the better part of November to accomplish roughly the same amount of stitching I have managed so far this year: six months as compared to six weeks. And, the motifs that were sheer torture in 2011 [the roses] were a breeze to stitch in 2012. Go figure!
I'd like PIF this chart once I am done with it. If you would like to have it, just leave a comment below.