Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tuesday Tittle Tattle

It's hard to keep coming up with interesting post titles, so excuse me if I scraped the bottom of the barrel on this one. I started blogging back in August 2007. Over the course of four and a half years of blogging, creativity and cleverness tends to ebb and flow. But, silly title notwithstanding, I am back to work on my stated goals for the month. I put away my bookmark for the moment. I may try and finish it up over the weekend if I have made satisfactory progress on Tracery Dragons. I'd forgotten that I had made a "fixable" mistake on page two of the design that meant I'd have to shift a few of the design elements on page one two threads to the right and so had to do a very little bit of frogging but I am back on track now. I have nearly finished the dragon on the left and just need to fill in a few small blank spots before finishing the backstitching of the left half of page one. That's noy enough progress for a photo just yet but maybe in a day or two. By next week, I should be well into completing the right half of page one ... or maybe not, after all there are two roses on that half of the page ... and the roses are killers comprised of small groups of 2 or 3 cross stitches flanked by quarter stitches in at least 10 different blended needles. Nevertheless, I am beginning to feel hopeful that this piece will finally be stitched and ready for the framer by the end of the month. Whether the Holly and Hearts Sampler will also be complete is another question entirely! Tracery Dragons may consume all my stitching time for the remainder of this month, leaving nothing left for the sampler. Losing last week to uncomplicated stitching, which is at least better than no stitching at all, put a crimp in my progress towards goal.

No comments: