Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Assessing February Goals

FEBRUARY GOALS

Crazy Class Project Challenge: Finish The Sweetheart Tree's Holly & Hearts Sampler and resume work on the ornament. DONE, both pieces stitched: the sampler on 2/21 and the ornament on 2/26. 2010/11

WIPs: Finish Teresa Wentzler's Tracery Dragons. DONE: this finish was celebrated on 2/18 .

2012 New Start: Earned when both Workbasket's Quaker Sampler and The Sweetheart Tree's Holly & Hearts Sampler were completed: the gift promised Jo as the winner of my last 2011 monthly giveaway. Kitted and started.
Sewing and Assembly Finish:
Town Square SAL Star Theatre ornament and CEC Mitten ornament. I am so annoyed. When I went to zig-zag the edges of the fabric for these ornaments I discovered that I can't turn on my sewing machine. It is an old model that had the on/off switch on a little hand pad attached to the electric cord/plug. When I had the machine cleaned and serviced last, the repairman replaced the old cord but neglected to re-attach the on/off pad. Hence I have a machine that can't be turned on!

IN ADDITION, I MANAGED TO ANTICIPATE THE MARCH GOALS BY RESUMING WORK ON TWO PROJECTS FROM THE WIPS LIST, PRIMITIVE NEEDLE'S BLACL' SKIE AND THE JACOBEAN ELEGANCE AFGHAN, AND ONE PROJECT FROM THE CLASS PROJECT LIST, PHYLLIS MAUER'S JAPANESE KOGIN TEA COZY. IT'S BEEN A GOOD MONTH.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

Oh no! Get that sewing machine fixed! :)