Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend Progress Report: July 31, 2011

I delayed this post till Monday morning since I wanted my photo to include every bit of stitching done on Sunday, such as it was. I wasn't feeling all that well and spent most of the day in cat naps, waking for brief periods to fix a meal, stitch a bit, check the computer, start to watch a DVD ... which last always put me right back to sleep again.


Every now and then I go on what can only be called a stitching jag: I stitch on just one project. This past week was one of those times. Tracery Dragons was very nearly my total focus. Somehow, I got in my head that I ought to finish page 2 of the Tracery Dragons before the end of the month. I guess I wanted to make up for all the frogging I have been doing. Well, it was an unreasonable goal and I have about 1/3 of page 2 of the chart left to stitch. Nevertheless, I'll set myself another unreasonable goal for August and see how close I get to achieving it: finish page 1 and 2 of the cross-stitching charts and pages 1-3 of the backstitching charts. If I manage that, I'll have several pieces to take to the framers in early September: Teresa Wentzler's Autumn Faerie [a Christmas gift for my daughter] and Tracery Dragons, Dragon Dreams' The Ice Dragon's Kingdom and Blackbird Design's A Bird in Hand. Though I may make the last up as a small pillow instead.

5 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love that you can see the little dragons appearing now!

mdgtjulie said...

TD looks good. I love the colors in that more every time I see it. I'm glad you're getting good progress in on it, even with the frogging. Good luck on making your goal, and I can't wait to see everything framed!!

Anna van Schurman said...

My whole life is a series of unreasonable goals! Good luck.

Chiara said...

the more you stitch the more I wonder what will appear next.. I have so much fun guessing that I never wanted to check the finished picture anywhere!
can't wait to discover more about TD.. and don't focus too much on the frogging.. I snarled for two days trying to use the two-sided cross stitch on a pattern which simply refused to subdue to the technique.. so now my ort jar has dramatically filled up, and I'm back to the usual neat back.. oh well.. that's stitching! surprises and always on their way!

Dani - tkdchick said...

I often wait an extra day to post my progress as well so I can show off just how much I've gotten done! Tracery Dragons is looking magnificent!

Hope you're feeling better.