Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wentzler Wednesday Whack-a-doodle

I seem to have regained my momentum with this project and am now merrily working my way through page two of the chart. After a wee bit of frogging on the left side border, I have been concentrating on a good sized chunk of the pale grey tracery. It's a bit tricky because of all the quarter stitches in the darker grey used as a very narrow outline ... getting one of those off by one thread [easy to do] throws the whole thing out of whack. Whenever I want a rest, I switch to stitching one of the nice, manageable, self-contained, little leaves. The roses, once back-stitched, are absolutely lovely ... but prior to that look very messy with all the quarter stitches and exposed background fabric. And the little rose buds look like nothing at all, at this point. Still, I'll wait till I finish a full page of chart before I do any more back-stitching.

At least the piece is beginning to look like the model photo. There is some satisfaction to be had in that.


Dani - tkdchick said...

This so makes me want to start a TW!!!

Kiri said...

Your stitching is always beautiful and envy-inducing! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

mdgtjulie said...

It's lovely so far. Keep up the good work, and try not to frog those quarter and three quarter stitches too much!!!