Monday, May 23, 2011

Crazy January Challenge: The Gilded Cage

This has been such a pleasurable stitch I will be truly sorry when it comes to an end. I have only the dark red, dark green and pale tan areas left to stitch. And, I will be using Needlepoint Silks again in the future, most definitely. These are some of the most beautiful silks I have used in a long time. Thread Gatherer remains my favorite but these are a very close second, edging out Belle Soie and Caron by a nose.

I am seriously considering sending this piece to Jill Rensel for one of her fabulous mats and frames but wonder if such a small piece that already has a border would look good matted. I'll have to go to her blog and check out some of her photos before making a decision. I don't want the framing to overpower the piece but I do feel that this piece does deserve something special in the way of framing. Partly because it is such a lovely design and partly because I have enjoyed it even more than most projects.



I didn't get to work on my TW Autumn Faerie over the weekend as I had hoped ... things just got too busy. On the plus side I did manage to squeeze in a lovely visit with my mother on Sunday ... with the added bonus that one of my nieces dropped by for a visit while I was there ... two for one!

4 comments:

Karen said...

This is a pretty design! Kudos on almost finishing another Challenge piece.

happy stitching...

Melody said...

What a pretty piece! Good luck with your finishing choices. I've never had anything matted by Jill Rensel, but her work is beautiful.

mdgtjulie said...

Grats on the progress. You'll be finished before you know it!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Go for the Jill Rensel! She always seems to get it just right. Beautiful pieces deserve beautiful frames.