Thursday, August 28, 2008

SAL: Spots of Fun

I joined a SAL on Handenmaiden's site. We are doing Spots of Fun. I have decided to make mine into a true sampler by using many different fibers for the motifs, trying out fibers I have never used before as well as revisiting some of my favorites. After all the Christmas stitching I have done this year and will continue to do in the months to come, I decided to refresh myself with an autumnal color way for this SAL ... indeed, anything other than deep reds and forest greens would make me very happy.
The start date is 9/1/08 but I cheated a bit this morning by stitching just two small motifs in the upper left corner. I have chosen Silkweaver's 28ct Cashel linen in Autumn Sunrise for my fabric and a wide range a fibers [silks, cottons, blends, bamboos, perles, wools, ribbons] in a wide range of rust and orange tones, some overdyed, some hand-painted, some a straightforwardly single color. Since I have only stitched two rather small motifs, I will wait to get a bit more done before including a photo.

No comments: