Monday, July 28, 2008

Inspired, Relaxed, On Task - My Vacation Begins

After reading the Stitch Bitch's blog and viewing her picture showing progress on Liz Turner Diehl's Knot Garden, I am inspired to go stash diving and pull out one of my own Diehl's garden charts: The German Garden or The Lighthouse Summer Garden. But which to stitch? I think it shall have to be The German Garden. We'll be going to Southport Island, Me. in late June/early July 2009 ... that's the place and the time to stitch The Lighthouse Summer Garden. I believe I will take The Mystic Stitcher's Hideaway projects, the Miribilia Halloween Faerie and The German Garden with me to Deale, Md. ... I know it is only a four day getaway, but this way I shall have a variety of projects to choose from, whatever my mood.
Got some more stitching done on the 2005 PS Santa [The Embroiderer] this morning. It is a quicker stitch than the 2004 Santa [New Age-y Cosmic symbols] and is moving along very nicely. I also selected the contents of my package for my Secret Sister from the 123stitch message board ... I hope to have that in the mail today or tomorrow ... don't want to display a picture of these items in case she may be reading. For the rest of the day, I will divide my attention between catching up on routine housework, running errands, doing laundry and stealing away to stitch or sew. Tomorrow will be soon enough to return to gardening and weeding and to sorting out the boys' old bedroom which my husband has turned into a junk room. I need to get everything off the floor and cleared away so I can pull up the old carpet. I am afraid to discover the shape of the hardwood floor underneath. There is also the need to get the old dresser to the refinisher's and the secretary to Mrs. DeEntremont for reinventing as a folk art gem.

2 comments:

Eva said...

Riona,

Because your blog and your stitching inspire me, I have nominated you for the Brilliante Blogger Award. Please stop by my blog to pick up the award.

Eva

Anna van Schurman said...

I'll be watching to see your Liz Turner Diehl piece...