Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Cross-Eyed Kat's Snowball Fight - Red Dragon

While I admit that this was not an easy chart to read ... too many 1/4 and 3/4 stitches with backstitching obscuring the symbols ... I am loving the results as I get into the home stretch. I have stitched all the snow and the dragon as well as all the backstitching in the snow and about a third of the backstitching in the dragon. I only have the border and the rest of the backstitching in the dragon to go. It is really quite clever and well worth the minor annoyances when reading the chart. Probably the fact that I wear progressive lens didn't help the situation, either. I will work on this today and tomorrow [the PLAN notwithstanding] since I am anxious to finish it up and get it to the framer. I have been saving a special frame for it - shaped like a church window and finished in an antique gold that will pick up theKreinik Vintage Gold in the chest and horns perfectly. I'll post a picture when it is fully stitched.

No comments: