Sunday, October 21, 2012

Weekend Progress Report: Sunday, Oct. 21, 2012

 I have been working steadily on my Woodland Angel Christmas Stocking and have very nearly completed section 8 of the chart even though I did have to do a bit of frogging.  One of my dark grey DMC skeins was mislabeled as 543 which is actually a very pale tan.  I had used the mislabeled skein on the trim of the angel's robes and had to pull it and restitch with the proper color.  I then decided to do the back stitching on the  sections 8 and 9.  I'll do the back-stitching on sections 3 & 5 later on today and tomorrow as well as finish up the last stitches on section 8.  I like doing the back stitching as I go for two reasons: first, I enjoy the immediate gratification of seeing the design come into focus and second, it helps me in lining up the other chart sections as I stitch.   I am going into a one project at a time phase with this stocking for now since I am not at all certain that 8 weeks will be sufficient time to finish this piece but I am going to give it my best shot.
The photo above shows my progress on the whole stocking.  As you see I have very far to go.  The photo on the right shows the bottom of the stocking, sections 9 and 8.  If you click on the photo, you will be able to see the areas yet to be stitched ... the snow is a mosaic of confetti stitches in approximately 20  solid and blended needles in varying shades of white, blue, lavender, ecru, tan and grey.  The two rather irregular brown columns are actually the front legs of a young reindeer.

I did take just a few minutes away from the stocking to finish up Peacocks and will try and get a sewing finish done on that soon.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

It looks great. I am working on a small piece that has many half stitches and backstitching. The backstitching sure does make a difference. http://astitchersstory.blogspot.com/

Kay said...

This looks lovely, I do like christmas themed stitching. I came over to your blog from Annie Bebop's Colouring Book, by the way.