Monday, October 1, 2012

Assessing September's Goals & Setting October Goals


  • September is a rather busy month professionally so my goal's list has been quite modest.  Even so, I didn't manage to do quite what I had planned.  Life got in the way.
  • 2010-2011 WIPs:  Finish the Fertile Circles Needlebook and embellish another area on the Encrusted Crazy Quilt Square, using variations of the cobweb, cobweb rose and cobweb pinwheel stitches.  I did finish the patch on the Crazy Quilt that was embellished with cobweb roses and started another with a sunflower motif.  But I still haven't finished the needlebook.
  • 2012 Crazy Class Project Challenge:  Continue to work on the Victoria Sampler's Mystic Smalls projects, finishing the Stitcher's Pocket and starting on the Fob.   I did work on the Stitcher's Pocket and I could probably have it stitched, though not assembled, with just an hour or two of steady stitching.  I'll have to concentrate on my class projects a little more diligently in October.
  • 2012 WIPs: Finish Part II and start work on Part III of The English Band Sampler and continue stitching TW's Woodland Angel Christmas Stocking, finishing section 9 and starting section 8.   I got a real jump start on the Woodland Angel goal, finishing Section 9 early in the month, during the Labor Day Weekend as a matter of fact!  I got started on Section 8, stitching more than a third of it but less than half, and then stalled there due to Bill's hospitalization and recovery totaling three weeks from start to finish.  I just couldn't seem to work on something so complicated.   As to the English Band Sampler, I really didn't work on it at all this month ... oh maybe an hour or two, but that was all.  I still have most of the second band of Part II to complete.
  • Sewing Finishes: Try to get at least 2 or 3 done.   Not at all.
  • Off Goal Stitching:  I finished The Primitive Needle's Thy Needle this month.  I also stitched up three Kogin Japanese embroidery Christmas ornaments: two Phyllis Maurer Christmas Trees using Caron Wildflowers Black Watch and one diamond shaped ornament made by stacking a Maurer Kogin motif in alternating shades of Caron Wildflowers Blackwatch and HDF Dragons Blood.  These were stitched on the same Lakeside Ivory linen I am using for The English Band Sampler.  Most of the off-goal stitching was done in hospital rooms and doctor's waiting rooms while dealing with my husband's recent surgery so there was a bit more of it than usual.  In t he aftermath, I really needed to stick to the less complex.  So once he was home, I finished work on the Town Square SAL's Antique Sampler Shop designed by Barb Allen of Blackbird Designs.
                  

                   OCTOBER GOALS
  • 2010-2011 WIPs:  Embellish another area on the Encrusted Crazy Quilt Square, finish the needlebook and slip Midnight Moogies back into the rotation, even though that would put three BAPs in the rotation.  
  • 2012 Crazy Class Project Challenge:  Continue to work on the Victoria Sampler's Mystic Smalls projects, finishing the Stitcher's Pocket and starting the fob and scissor case.
  • 2012 WIPs: Finish Part II of The English Band Sampler and continue stitching TW's Woodland Angel Christmas Stocking, finishing section 8  and starting section 7. 
  • Town Square SAL: stitch the Primitives Shop and the Book Shop.
  • Sewing Finishes: Try to get at least 2 or 3 done. 
                  

No comments: