Friday, September 14, 2012

Fessing Up on Friday

I have done very little stitching in the past few days, so the TW Woodland Angel has been sadly neglected.  The reason is that I have been indulging in one of my major guilty pleasures: another entry in the "...in Death" series by J. D. Robb, aka Nora Roberts.  My copy of Delusion in Death arrived in the mail Wednesday afternoon.  And any time not devoted to working, sleeping, eating, housekeeping and cooking, tending my husband/patient, etc. has been spent with my nose in the book.  Granted it is not literature with a capital L, nor is it an important book according to any arbiters of culture.  But it is a well-crafted police procedural with an interesting ensemble cast of characters for whom I have developed some considerable fondness after reading the thirty-something previous books in the series.  I finished up this book in the wee small hours this morning and got back to stitching today.

Today started with a visit to the surgeon.  So, I did a bit more stitching on Thy Needle by The Primitive Needle.  As I have said before, this is the perfect waiting room piece because the repetition and fill stitching eliminate the need to constantly consult the chart or to switch colors frequently.  Unfortunately, I forgot to pack a pair of scissors in the stitching bag because I always have at least two or three neatly tucked away in one of the pockets.  Well not today ... I had nary a one!  And since the surgeon sent my husband back to the hospital for a Barium CAT Scan to check on the diaphragm [the poor lad is hiccoughing non-stop for two and three hours at a time] and for more blood tests and we ended up spending 4 and 1/2 hours at the hospital after spending nearly an hour at the surgeon's office ... well, let's just say the scissors were sorely missed.  Especially when one of the WDW cotton overdyes started to knot and pill.  Why do I keep buying WDW when it gives me such agida?  So, I abandoned Thy Needle, setting it aside till I could cut away the mangled floss and continue stitching with what was usable.  Instead, I started work on the Kogin Christmas Tree ornament using Caron's Wildflowers Black Watch.  I stitched one ornament and immediately started on another which is just one half a row of repeats from a finish.

To sum up:
No stitching on The Woodland Angel Christmas Stocking.
Less than 50 stitches on Thy Needle.
Almost two Kogin Christmas Tree ornaments stitched.
One very pale and weary husband safely tucked into his rocker back home.
And one trip to the pharmacy remaining on my agenda before I allow myself to collapse in a heap.

It's been quite a day.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

Keep us posted on your husband please. I am praying for him.