Saturday, September 15, 2012

Back At The Hospital

I posted yesterday that all I had remaining on my agenda for the day was a trip to the pharmacy.  Well, that changed with one phone call from the surgeon who, after reviewing the tests, sent us right back to the hospital for further testing.  A little before 10pm, I left my husband settled in The Special Nursing Unit to rest for the night before another battery of blood work and scans this morning to determine if the bile duct is leaking.  The surgeon seems to think that is the problem.  If that is the case, it is, apparently, a relatively simple fix but requires surgery to install a stint which will be removed in another thirty days ... so yet another procedure.  Bill is taking all this relatively well.  I believe he is happy to know that there is an end in sight for the pain and the infernal hiccoughing.  I am not sure which is bothering him more: the actual physical issues or the fact that all this hospital time is eating into his planned Christmas vacation time.  

I will be taking my stitching to the hospital today because I am sure there will be times when Bill is either being tested or sleeping.  So I will need something to occupy myself.  This time I will remember to bring scissors, though, and extra needles and anything else I can think of that I might conceivable need.  Perhaps even a few more projects.

I apologize for the lack of photos lately but I haven't had the energy to do much more than fall into bed at the end of the day ... though I haven't been sleeping all that well, either, what with Bill being up and down all night.  Last night I managed about five solid hours of uninterrupted sleep.  I guess that's the slim silver lining to this second hospital stay for my husband.

5 comments:

Erica said...

Oh! What a pain! It's bad enough to go through all that once! Atleast they know what the problem is. I hope all goes smoothly in the next couple of days, and that shortly you will both be back to your regular routines.

Vickie said...

Still praying Regina!

CalamityJr said...

Isn't it amazing how much "just" getting a diagnosis helps? I'll keep you both in my prayers.

Unknown said...

I do hope today goes well for Bill and wish him a speedy recovery. On the plus side hopefully you will get some stitching done and hopefully tonight another good nights sleep. x

Susieq said...

Thoughts and prayers going out your way. Hope this will take care of the problem.