Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Some Stash Enhancement

And a part of my order from Stitchery Row arrived: all the flosses I needed for the Halloween ornament charts as well as some Homespun Elegance Olde Brass buttons, and the chart for my December Bride's Tree ornament, The Quaker Santa [Workbasket]. They are still trying to get the Monsterbubbles Day of the Dead kit for me and are looking for some bee buttons in the Olde Brass style. I placed an order with 123stitch for some more floss [what else?] and for my fabric for the November and December entries in the Bride's Tree SAL: 28ct raw Glasgow linen and 32ct raw Belfast linen... got the e-mail that it is in the mail ... so I hope yo have it by Friday or Saturday. Still, I feel richly satisfied today ... fondling fiber, examining the chart. The Workbasket leaflet also has a chart for a Quaker Snowman. Though not a big fan of snowmen, I may stitch it on some black linen I have with DMC B5200 or one of my vintage NN overdyes in shades of white and pale blue ... the contrast ought to be interesting and I can always turn it into a small pin pillow or a door hanger or a pin keep for a winter giveaway.

1 comment: