Friday, November 5, 2010

My Thanksgiving Ornament Tree

On the morning of November 1st, I took down my Halloween ornaments and replaced them with Thanksgiving ornaments ... only three of the ornaments are suitable for both trees ... generic pumpkins and fall trees. I brought down my pumpkin candle holders as well and changed the look of the antique washstand in my entry hall ... no more spooky spiders, bats, black cats or jack-o-lanterns ... just your basic pretty pumpkins.
I hope to add three or four more ornaments to the tree this month using the Pilgrim and Indian men and women motifs from CEC Thanksgiving Circle ... that should pretty much fill it up quite nicely.
My long term goal is to have enough seasonal ornaments stitched to keep the table top tree up all year long. Right now, it is on display from October 1st through March 15th: first Halloween, then Thanksgiving, followed by Christmas, which is replaced by hearts for my January anniversary which segues nicely into Valentine's Day, and currently concludes with spring like ornaments from the Trilogy collection. I'll stitch a few more hearts in 2011 but then will take a break until 2012 before preparing for St. Patrick's Day, Easter and patriotic holidays. Then in 2013, all I'll need to develop is some summer-y and some back-to-school ornaments. Voila, year-round decorations.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Great job...looks great with all of your finishes! Amazed at how organize you are with your stitching plans. Can't wait to see your results through the next few seasons!

Deborah said...

Love the Thanksgiving tree. I look for ward to seeing pictures of it everytime you change it.

Missy said...

So beautiful. I was just commenting about not having enough Thanksgiving ornaments. After Christmas stitching I'm going to stitch a few Thanksgiving themed ornies.

Carissa said...

Looks great! This is something I want to works towards having also. I have very few smalls right now, so hope to start working on a few for each seasonal holiday after Christmas this year.

Rachel S-H said...

I like the idea of leaving it up all year. I would like to find a white tree to use that way.

Stitchinowl said...

Your Thanksgiving tree with all the ornaments is so pretty! Great idea to leave the tree up all year.
Carolyn