Monday, May 31, 2010

May Goals Assessment

SALs and RRs:

Bride's Tree SAL May Ornament [Bird in a Nest - Confidence in the Shelter - renamed Security, by me]: STITCHED BUT NOT ASSEMBLED. I used Aury's Quaker Bird in a Nest chart for this one.
Linda's RR: DONE. Lisa's piece never arrived, so I started a new one for her using the Stitches & Stone's complimentary chart All Wrapped Up and used some snowflake motifs and lots and lots of Smyrna Crosses to sketch out some borders and dividers.
Town Square SAL: Monster Bubbles' Jail. Minimal progress ... carried forward as a June goal.

Monthly Projects:

Thanksgiving Ornament:Finish the PS Turkey from April and stitch Kreinik Cornucopia for May. SOME PROGRESS BUT NO FINISHES. I hit a few snags here. For one thing, on the PS Harvest Time Turkey, I underestimated the amount of GAST Maple Syrup I needed to stitch the body of the turkey and ran out 2/3rds of the way through. Unwilling to frog all that, I ordered three skeins of Maple Syrup from my favorite ONS specifying that they all be different dyelots in the forlorn hope that one will come close enough to work ... alas none of them did. I shall have to match the dominant color in what I have stitched to the DMC chart and then put out a plea on the 123stitch mb for a whole or partial skein of the proper Maple Syrup with the offer of two full skeins in exchange. I am still waiting on one back-ordered silk mori and need to find a supplier for silk morica for the Kreinik ornament, but I have stitched as much as possible with what I have on hand ... so that, too, has to wait a while longer for a finish.
Christmas Piece: Sue Hillis' Cookie Baking Santa. Didn't even start this one.
UFO > WIP: Peacock Biscornu. Again, a non-starter.

Focus Projects:
BAP: TW's Autmn Faerie: Just a three hour's stitching on this but that represents some progress on the lower right hand corner of the border.
Medium Project: Brightneedles' Ghosts and Ghoulies Etui. No joy here.

Sewing Finishes:
Take care of one or two from the backlog basket. NO.Keep up with ornament finishes for this month. N/A.

And some off-goal finishes and WIPs:
Plimoth Scissor Keep from Sampler and Antique Needlework Quarterly, Summer 2009. Finished 5/5/10.Wee Bee from Heart in Hand. Stitching Finished 5/26/10. Nearly done: just waiting on a charm to finish.
BH&G's floral wreath motif cupcake pin cushion. Finished 5/30/10.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like you've been busy! happy stitching....

Nic said...

That's plenty of stitching, even if some of the finishes have proved elusive - but I'm sure that will be rectified when the various threads arrive!

Just off to check my GAST for you :o)