Friday, May 8, 2009

Weighing In

I am showing a loss of 2.5 lbs this week but I am not going to get real excited about it. I have a wicked sinus infection and have been subsisting on herbal tea, grapefruit, papaya and toast for the past three days. So I am sure this is a "false" reading and as soon as I am recovered and eating normally again, I may see a small weight gain. I hope not but let's be realistic! In any case, I weigh in at exactly 200 ... down from 242 in Sept. 2008. I restarted my count at the end of April because I had been neglecting things a bit during the month. Now I just want to break that 200 barrier. I know it is just a number but the psychological impact is great. Somehow 200 seems so much more obese than 199 ... at least, to me. I find it hard to believe that all through my teens and twenties I never topped 115 ... and then, with three pregnancies, the numbers just kept inching up and up and up. Menopause came along and, with it, even more weight gain. I am told by my endocrinologist that if I manage to lose another 40 lbs, he will re-evaluate my diabetes meds and perhaps reduce dosages or even the menu of meds [currently at 4 different medications]. It is a worthy goal ... especially since I am mildly phobic about all things medical.

1 comment:

mainely stitching said...

Good for you, Riona!!!!

I'm stuck at 75.5 kilos and I just cannot get below 75 kilos but I'm trying. Like you said, it may just be a number but there is also a psychological component.

Wishing you success - and health!!